Welcome to Evolang X
The 10th International Conference on the Evolution of Language will be held on 14th-17th April 2014 in Vienna at the Department of English of Vienna University.
- Certificates of participation can be picked up at the info desk on Thursday. Those of you who asked for a digital copy will receive the certificate by email within the next two weeks. (17.4.2014)
- "A proposal concerning the gene network that regulates the shape of the language-ready brain" by Cedric Boeckx & Antonio Benítez-Burraco: 10:30-11:00 (Thursday, Session B)
- "Language disorders as windows on language evolution" by Antonio Benítez-Burraco & Cedric Boeckx: 12:00-12:30 (Thursday, Session B)
- Conference dinner: busses to the dinner location will leave at 19:00. Please, bring your vouchers with you! At 23:00 all busses will go back to the conference venue. For those who want to leave earlier there is a bus leaving already at 22:00.
- The conference booklet including timetables, plenary abstracts, poster presentations, and practical information can now be downloaded here. (April 9, 2014)
- The workshop booklet including all programmes, abstracts, papers and posters is now available in the workshop section. (April 7, 2014)
- The programme of the conference can be downloaded here! (April 3, 2014)
- Please find more detailed information about technical issues and posters here! (April 3, 2014)
- Registration for the post-conference excursions now is closed. For requests please contact email@example.com. (March 31, 2014)
- We would like to inform you that the conference The syntax of mind: language, music, art will take place in Vienna from April 17 to 19 immediately after Evolang X. For more information see the conference website! (March 27, 2014)
- The registration front-desk will be open on Sunday, April 13, from 5pm until 7pm and on Monday, April 14, from 8am onwards. (March 18, 2014)
- Please note that online-registration for the conference will close on Thursday, April 10, for organizational reasons (name tags etc.). On-site registration and payment will be still possible at the conference. (March 18, 2014)
- Registration for the reception and the conference dinner will be open until April 6. (March 18, 2014)
- We are happy to anncounce the Evolang birthday party, organized by The Evolutionary Linguistics Association, to be celebrated on April 15!
- Online registration is now possible at € 290,- (full) and € 140,- (reduced). - Early bird registration finished on 28 February.
The Evolang conference series provides the major meeting for researchers worldwide in the origins and evolution of language. The Evolang conferences are interdisciplinary, with contributions from disciplines including, but not limited to: anthropology, archeology, artificial life, biology, cognitive science, genetics, linguistics, modeling, paleontology, physiology, primatology, and psychology. Typically, about 300 delegates attend, with representatives from all these disciplines. Additional information on Evolang can be found here.